Tuesday, April 1, 2014

PASSAGES OF TIME BY APRIL ALGIEN

PASSAGES OF TIME BY APRIL ALGIEN - First published in The Prospector/Front Range Journal on December 19, 1979

As I walk through each passing day
I keep my head up high
awaiting for that whisper of silence
to give a solid reply.

As I wait for love's many passions
I anticipate the pleasures
forgetting life's many worries
to all the right measures.

As I listen for a soft-spoken voice
I make it a point to follow
dreaming that it will all come true
to believe until tomorrow.

As I carry on through life alone
I wonder what went wrong
blinding myself with false hope
to stay in the place I most belong.

As I sing in a silent tone
I see things bright and gay
searching for a life all my own
to eliminate evil in the way.

As I search for a new tomorrow
I wake with mighty power
remembering the moment together
to hold all 'til the last hour.

As I weep upon my pillow
I wipe my eyes to dry
concentrating on what went on
to have the chance to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment